KNUN INFORMATION DESK.
GOOD NEWS FOR TENWEK UNION MEMBERS.
RTWF BETWEEN TENWEK MISSION HOSPITAL AND KNUN.
Issue in Dispute : INDUSTRIAL UNREST IN THE HOSPITAL.
After a whole day consultative meeting held on 9th August, 2018 at Bravan Hotel,the following was agreed as follows ;
1. That going forward parties shall respect the due process as stipulated in the parties RA and the applicable laws.
2. That normalcy of nursing services be restored and that the Union shall inform affected Nurses to report back on duty and in any case not later than 8am on 10th August 2018.
3. That there will be no victimisation of either party on issues related to the protest subject to the applicable law.
4. That the nurses will be paid salary and allowances which is equal across staff of equal qualification and experience as was paid to the other equivalent cadres of staff at the hospital.
5. That salary and allowances is effective 1st July 2018 and will be implemented in August 2018 payroll.
6. That the agreed salary and allowances above shall be the final settlement of the monitory clause of the ongoing CBA for the period 1st July 2018 to 30th June 2020.
The agreement was signed by Geoffrey Langat – CEO Tenwek and Administrator Raymond Byegon also for Tenwek in the presence of Hon. Seth Panyako -Gs KNUN, Ms Agnes Munderu – KNUN Treasurer, Geoffrey Chalulot – Shopsteward and Joan Chepkorir Deputy Shop steward both for KNUN Tenwek Representatives..