The meeting between the KNUN officials and the Council of Governors was a success.
For the Union;
Mr. Seth Panyako a�� General Secretary
Mr. Stephen Ruteere a�� NEC member
Ms. Agnes Munderu a�� National Treasurer
1. H.E Jack Ranguma Governor Kisumu County-Chair Health
2. H.E James Ongwae Governor Kisii County- Chair HR & Social Welfare
3. Jacqueline Mogeni -Ag C.E.O Council of Governors
4. Nelly Waweru a�� C.O.G legal clerk(Health Committee)
5. Peter Wanyama a�� C.O.G legal.
C.B.A,Esps,Capacity and other healthworkers on contract,transfers and deployment issues were discussed, the A�Council of Governors and the KNUN officials agreed to form a committee which will discuss the issues.The team is to comprise three members from each side. Another meeting has been scheduled by the selected team,we will keep you updated.
Meanwhile the Union has been invited by Kenya National Commission on Human Rights(KNCHR)to discuss issues affecting health services because those issues denies the Kenya citizen right to access better healthcare as scheduled in Chapter 43 of the Constitution.