Published on June 8th, 2018 | by KNUN0
BOMET COUNTY NEWS
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: 7TH JUNE 2018
In a bid to resolve Labour dispute between County Government of Bomet and KNUN Bomet Branch, the KNUN National Deputy Treasurer George Isaiah Shivekah, Western Region Industrial Relation Officer Mr John Karakacha, Bomet KNUN Branch Secretary Mr Vincent Rono, Deputy Branch Secretary Joyce Kenduiywo, Branch Trustee Joyce Korir, Branch Chair Joyce Chemutai, Trustee Jeniffer Sigei, Organizing Secretary Abraham Kibet Mutai:
CECH Dr Joseph Sitonik, Chief Officer of Health Zaddy Chumo and Chief Officer Public Administration Mr. Phillemon Ruto:
Under the Chairmanship of Labour Officer Conciliator Mr. Chepcheng, discussed at length the five issues in dispute…
The bone of contention issues were: Signing of Recognition Agreement, Stalled Promotions, Redesignations, ESP Confirmations, Employment of Nurses and Harmonisation of House & Nursing Service Allowances…
After a lengthy discussion, the two parties reached an agreement culminating to Suspension of the intended industrial action that was to commence on 11th June 2018.
The meeting agreed Thus:
1. Recognition Agreement between County Government of Bomet and KNUN Bomet Branch stands signed.
The RA was signed by County government of Bomet in January 2018. But due to communication breakdown at COG, KNUN was notified of the same later to sign their part which was done in last month May 2018 by KNUN General Secretary Seth Panyako, thereby completing the signing of all 47 RAs across the country.
2. Redesignations and confirmation letters for Nurses which do not have budgetary implications will be issued next week starting on 13th June 2018. While those with budgetary implications will be discussed within the next 2 months after CHRMAC meeting.
3. Promotion of Nurses who were not captured in the previous promotions, the County is in the process of promoting them while those with financial implications will be done within the next 2 months after CHRMAC deliberations.
4. The County government of Bomet will harmonize to get rid of disparities in Nursing Service Allowance and House allowance starting in the next financial year in July 2018.
5. Nurses who were serving under contract and we’re not captured in the just concluded employment, their contract will be considered for extention for 1 year starting July 2018, thereafter be considered for employment on permanent terms.
5. The Union hence suspends for 14 days the intended industrial action which was to commence on 11th June 2018, to monitor progress of above issues with short term implementation, thereafter consider the way forward after compliance.
TOGETHER WE BARGAIN HANDSOMELY, DIVIDED WE BEG MISERABLY.